When Scott Matthews was just 5 years old, he would watch in awe at farm auctions, captivated by the fast-talking bid callers who ran the show. Like kids who aspire to be professional athletes, Matthews always dreamt of being an auctioneer.
“The first time I went to a farm sale, the auctioneer was doing his chant and it just amazed me,” Matthews said.
It was a fire that died out a bit as he got older, as many childhood aspirations tend to do, but it never went away. In fact, after years of mulling the prospect of pursuing the dream, the fire began to burn brighter in recent years. Finally, Matthews made the decision. He was going to go after it.
Read more about Scott here.
The AANC chose an "A" List of Auctioneers and Business professionals to answer questions on several different topics.
- How to break into the Auction Industry?
- Why move from Traditional Live to Online Only Auctions?
- Current Market Trends - Real Estate, Cattle, Farm Equipment, Classic Autos.
- The Hidden Competition
- The Antiques Crisis
- Estate Sales are Auctions!
- Estate Tag Sales or Estate Auctions with some Tags?
- Hybrid Auctions - Silent Auctions - Online Auctions?
- Generational Purchasing Power
- 21st Century Social Media Advertising
- What day of the week do you have auctions?
Register today for the 2016 Auctioneers Association of North Carolina Summer Convention in Cary, NC! This year's Summer Convention will be at the Embassy Suites, 201 Harrison Oaks Blvd, Cary, NC 27513.
June 17-18, 2016!